Welcome to our journey as a family, who have no biological relation to each other, but who seek to follow God's will together.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Guess who is 1 year old!!!

I can not believe that in four short days, one year ago I brought home Little Stray Puppy, at four days old. I thought for sure we were done with boys and would be off to China to adopt a daughter and complete our family. Oh, boy was I wrong. Little Puppy was just the kind of situation you look for in fostering to adopt and we just could not say no. So here we are a year later and still waiting to hear some news on when his case might get closer to us adopting him. It took T-Monster's case 2.5 years, so we know it can take a while and we are in it for the long haul.

In the picture above he is in what use to be his favorite position in the playroom, we have since moved the jumpy because of the danger. But he would climb up on the jumpy and then stand up hanging on to the back of the chair, as he is doing in the picture. Then who ever is in the chair, usually me, would turn and look at him and ask him what he was doing and this would cause a multitude of giggles from him, as if to say, yes I know I am being naughty.

At one year of age Little Stray Puppy can say "uh-oh" appropriately. Enjoys throwing things on the floor, especially when upset. Loves to climb the stairs or anyone laying on the floor. Can walk with someone holding a hand. Is very laid back and happy little guy 90 percent of the time. When his brothers are screaming and yelling all around him, Little Stray is just glad to be with us and that we did not forget him somewhere. Still not sleeping thought the night consistently but better each day. Loves to talk (gibberish) and will mimic quite well. Eats well, his favorite foods are Graduates hot dogs, grapes , strawberries, cheese pasta, and most anything he can feed himself.

Why Little Stray Puppy you ask? Well he kind of just showed up one day and we decided he was cute and we would feed him and take care of him. Only to be bombarded with medical issues, Pyloric Stenosis, Eczema, Thrush. Not to mention that he was a mess to burb, I was told more than once I was going to pop a lung, thumping him so hard on the back. In our family he is the third child, so has taken the back seat many times in having to wait turns. Once he was crawling he often would take off and we would have no idea where he went (it does help him that he is fast as lighting). Once we found him up stairs, once under a bench, usually under the sofa table and our favorite, in the bathroom unrolling all of he toilet paper from the roll. So just like a real puppy our Little Stray came into our lives unexpectedly and was so pitifully cute and lovable he has become ours in our hearts (and hopefully soon in writing).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE PUPPY!!!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday!I remember holding him when he was just days old. How he has grown. I hope it doesn't take two years this time.
Blessings,
Dawn