
It is hard to believe that 5 years ago today, we picked you up at the doctor's office. You were so small at just 6 pounds 14 ounces at 10 days old. The first newborn I had ever taken care of. We had just met you outside in the lobby for your appointment, so I could not answer any of the doctor's questions about you eating and pooping habits. We had NOTHING at home for a newborn. Luckily you Granddaddy was in town and he knew you might be coming, we were told on Saturday about you and this was a Monday. Because we had had other placements not work out we had bought nothing ahead of time. I called Granddaddy just as soon as we were out of the doctor's office, then I had to go back to work to wrap up lose ends, now that I would be taking leave to take care of you. I guy at work said "wow congratulations, I did not know you were expecting?" . I was like well I know I am overweight, but please!! I was so thrilled, when we got into foster/adopting I was expecting a preschooler or toddler, never dreamed of a newborn, but here you were. I had been praying for many months that God would protect you and make you resilient, against whatever the issues were in your birth family. Then I met up with your daddy again, he was at the doctor's office too, and we went to Tar*et and S*m's (and for some reason the book store) to get things we needed for you, before we even headed home. Before we arrived home Granddaddy ran into us at S*m's and saw you for the first time in the parking lot. He had left a big pile of things for you on our front porch, a pack-n-play (which you slept in for you first 3 months) a swing, lots of clothes and toys, such a blessing. Some of our good friends came over and later Granddaddy and his new wife (married the day after you were born), and we had steak (we did not you). What a day!
Now here you are 5 years old, all ours and a big boy graduate of preschool. We love you and are so glad that God choose us to be your parents and make us family.



2 comments:
Happy Belated gotcha Day T-Monster! I know how much your mom prayed for you and your brothers.
Blessings,
Dawn
Happy Belated gotcha Day T-Monster! You certainly have grown into a handsome big boy!
Post a Comment