Welcome to our journey as a family, who have no biological relation to each other, but who seek to follow God's will together.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Snap Shot Sunday: T-Monster!

Ni Hao Y'all




Ok so I have said it before and I will say it again, he is WAY to cute for his own good. T-Monster is our HIGH MAINTENANCE child. The other children should be glad I love children so much, because when most families have children like T, they stop having children. He is FULL of energy and will wear you out from the word Wii. As in, instead of getting a "good morning, mommy", I hear "Wii?", as in may he play at 7:00 in the morning. Yes I know that he plays it way to much, but honestly, he plays other things too, and it keeps him from being under my feet, literally rolling on the floor, to get me to do something, with, for or too. I have four children I have lots of things to do and cannot spend every waking moment entertaining him.


a T-Monster was an only child until he was 3.5, so he was/is VERY spoiled. He likes to get his way and will not take no for an answer. Known at 5.5 to still pitch fits and embarrass me to death in public. We have resorted to bribes to make it threw most days. We have a magnet calender and when he earns 100 he gets double light saber and when he have 5 good days at school we gets to rent a Wii game for the weekend. We need to be more consistent with it ourselves, but with so many little ones it is hard. Last weekend he went with my sister to the store, and I told him he better not come home with a game, because of the way he acted earlier in the day. So he told her he wanted a movie, because I said games, not movie.



As much as he drives me crazy with his non-compliant days, I still could eat him up, I am so crazy in love with him. How he was not born in my stomach just amazes me somedays, how could I love him more? He is bright, funny has a wicked memory and will make you laugh at the crazy things he comes up with. Very much a mommy's boy and gives the best compliments and love around. I am always being told how good he was for other, when I pick him up from places and I am like "you know THIS one is my child" like maybe they are confused about which one is mine. I think it makes it easier to handle the rotten behavior at home and when he is with me, to know that he does know how to act around others.





In the second half of his Kindergarten year, T can read "Cat in the Hat", by himself and is quite the stud at his school. He is the girl magnet of the school, so says his teacher. He impressed his teacher last week by memorizing a bible verse in less than 10 minutes and being able to recite it in front of the entire school during chapel. He is taking swimming with his brother and can swim the entire length of the pool, long ways (25 meters?) . He is still playing basketball, although most games he still is jumping around and not really paying attention. We just signed him up for baseball and he acts excited to play, probably for the nachos, if the truth was told.




Soon to be 6 year old, where did the time go. I try hard not to think to much about the future, the thought of T as a teenager is scary, and focus on today and how I can enjoy him while he is little. Not to long from now he will not want to give me kisses, let me hold him or tell me his adventures or, my favorite, promise I can go to college with him and sleep in his room with him. We love you T-Monster and are so glad God made us family.



1 comment:

Stefanie said...

T Monster sounds like quite the little man ;)
Isn't it amazing when God places a child in your family that you positively adore? What a blessing!!