
Not Me! Monday was born out of a desire to admit some of our imperfections and reveal a few moments we'd rather forget. Why? Well, for one, because it's just plain fun to pretend that we really did not do the things that we actually so did do. And, two, because reading through great tales of other people's Not Me! Mondays each week is a great way to level the playing field. We're all human, we all take embarrassing shortcuts, and so we may as well show each other that we're all in good company!
It was certainly not me that let my two year old wear pj's for two solid days, without changing just putting clothes over top to go outside then leaving on said outside clothes to go to bed.
It was not me to be so happy with a new dishwasher that is so much larger that I only have to run it every other day rather than every day as before.
It was not me that had to go the store to buy more sippy cups, because all of the good ones that do not leak were in the dishwasher waiting to be washed (see above post).
It was not me that bought a new bigger laundry basket, so that I do not have to wash as often (that is how it works right?) bigger baskets less laundry? It worked for the dishwasher, or did it?
It was not me that laughed when my two year old cried because I would not let him watch Sponge Bob Square pants, what kind of mother would I be to let her two year old watch that.
It was not me that some what embarrassed when same two year old sang the theme song to said show, he has not seen before.
It was not me that was truly thankful for all of the prayers from strangers (who found us through this blog) who did not even know we needed prayers this week.
It was not me that was so impressed with God ability to move mountains and hearts to make it possible for Little Stray Puppy to be one step closer to adoption by us, yeah!!



5 comments:
Great not me monday nd I loved the idea about the bigger wash basket, that one made me laugh
Nice not me's...and I've thought about a bigger laundry basket too..because my laundry day, is whatever day of the week it lands on when my basket begins to overflow!
At least you put clothes over the pjs, I just have my little guy go out a couple days in the same pjs...less laundry that way!
I would be happy if my kids sang the SpongeBob song! Oh wait..they do!
Fun not me Monday. Congrads on the new dishwasher.
Blessings,
Dawn
Post a Comment